Thursday, July 21, 2005

Strange Sticky Note

If you've been reading this BS Blog of mine for a while, you'll know that I bought some property and have been having a hell of a time getting it ready for a house. Included with the property was a little travel trailer. In the trailer after I'd taken possession of the property were a bunch of registration papers but no pink slip; no title.

Trying to be the good little land buyer I am, I tried getting a hold of my Realtor so I could have him get the pink slip for me. But, for whatever reason (I don't want to think it's because the deal was done but it's possible), he basically kind of ignored me. Or he was out of the country. Or something. Regardless, I was unsuccessful in getting the pink slip through the realtors.

So, I wrote to the previous owner, the guy I bought the land from, at the address on the registration cards. I said,
As you know, I purchased [some land] from you and that that land included the trailer on the property. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate the title (Pink Slip) in the trailer (if it was left in there).

I have tried to get the pink slip through our real estate agents but have been unsuccessful. That is why I'm writing to you directly.

As I'm sure you know, in order to properly transfer ownership of the trailer, the pink slip needs to be signed by you to release liability of the trailer. Can you please either let me know where the Pink Slip might have been left in the trailer or conatct me so we can arrange a meeting so I can pick up the pink slip from you. Also , if you no longer have the pink slip, you will need to complete the DMV form I've enclosed to get a duplicate pink slip.

Unforutnately, if [the bank] still holds a loan on the trailer, we will have to contact them to get the pink slip.

Please call ([phone number]) or write back and let me know what the status of the Title is for the trailer. I appreciate it.
Frankly, I thought I was rather polite and business-like. Told him what the problem is and what I had done to try to fix it.

Anyway, he called and told me the pink slip was left on the couch in the trailer. I told him all I found on the couch was the registration cards and could he please fill out the form I'd sent him and send it back to me.

Well, he wrote back and included both the pink slip and the short sticky note here.

This is the strangest little sticky note I've ever seen. It's polite, friendly, and rude. And in equal measures.

It says, "Bryan, Found the pink, this is all I have, hope you enjoy the property, please don't bother me any more or my Family."

I read that and just had to start laughing. It's like saying, "Have a nice day! Fuck you!"

I had no idea that asking for something he should have given me was a "bother". Much less asking for something he mistakenly still had but thought he'd left. And, I was going to write back or call him and say thank you, but, ya know, I just don't want to bother him....

Anyway, I had a good laugh. And now I can get the crappy little trailer in my name and then sell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment