Friday, July 01, 2005

Gorgeous Red Ink Stamps

I'm not sure I can describe the feeling of joy and exaltation I felt not more than 60 minutes ago down at the County Planning office when the foundation plans of the house going on my property were stamped "APPROVED" in red ink. I realize it's still a long way from finished and livable, but the feeling of satisfaction was a rush.

I now have a building permit. (Sorta. I still have to fax them the Grant Deed on the property to prove I actually own it and hafta pay the school district a couple thousand dollars as a "School Impact Fee" for kids I'm never going to have. (Can't I just sign an affidavit saying I'm never going to procreate???)

Regardless, the deeds are nearly done and I can move ahead with getting the friggin' plot ready to live on... "Oh happy day with joyous glee......!"

No comments:

Post a Comment