Saturday, June 25, 2005

Poo Pumped Perpendicularly?

Well, it's been about a week since the Septic guy gave a bid for both the septic and some surprising bulldozing and grading I didn't really realize I would have to have done. And the work is progressing quite nicely on that front. As you can see in the picture, I got a new place to stick the house (that's that white rectangle-like thing-a-ma-bob) and some other work on the immediate homesite I wanted but didn't know I was going to get. (That's the second picture.)

And here's that second picture. The driveway is where it says, uh, "driveway" in the picture. The leech line for the septic system is there at the top of the hill (can poo be pumped uphill???) and that nice gentle wide swath of dirt is the bit of work I was hoping could be done but didn't really think it would be. So, aside from living downhill of my poo, I'm pretty happy with all this.

(Ok, ok... The poo isn't really going to be pumped up to the top of the hill and I'm not going to be living downhill of my poo. What will happen is the leech line takes water from the top of the septic tank and disperses it over 180 feet of pipe buried in the soil. The poo and other assorted solid, uh, waste settles to the bottom of the septic tank and is digested by bacteria and such.)

And here I am lookin' growly sittin' in the compactor that's rolling around compacting dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment