Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Neighbor's Arboreal Mistake...

I woke up this morning to the sound of a Chainsaw. While not normally a bad way to wake up... Ok, it is. It sucks. Almost as bad as not being able to sleep all week because of strep throat and 102.8 degree fevers. Regardless, the neighbor across the street hacked up her large (I think) sycamore tree in her yard with a chainsaw.

While it never has been the most attractive tree on the block, this hacking away at it seems like a horrible mistake; I mean, she has no air conditioning (and it gets upwards of 110 in the summer here) and the tree was the only thing keeping the house remotely "cool". It's gonna make my house a little warmer in the morning 'cause the tree that used to block some sunlight doesn't. Oh, well.

In the picture, the yellow outline shows my estimated approximate guessed location of the former tree.

So, what's the point of this blog entry? None. I just wanted to use the phrase "arboreal mistake"... ;{)

No comments:

Post a Comment