Friday, May 13, 2005

Holy Lights and Stars, Batman!!

Holy cow! Just got back from the first trip of many to the property I just bought (and outright own, mind you) in the Sierra foothills... Man, oh, man! It's fantastic at night. Stars like I haven't seen in decades, crickets enough to drive you crazy, and views of the San Joaquin Valley to make you cry. (Probably because of the pollution, but that's a different story.)

Saw a hopping amphibian of some sort (frog or toad, I don't know) so I know I'll get at least a couple in my planned pond/stream/water feature-thingy.

The trailer that came with the property wasn't nearly as bad as I thought; only a couple dead mice and some mouse droppin's. But not even smelly. Probably gonna sell it As-Is for about $1,500. Found some subterranian termites in some wood stump so I'm gonna hafta have Terminix spray for those.

Gonna order the house tomorrow and hopefully, in three months, I'll be out of Fresno and livin' on the hill.... Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment