Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh, I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK....

Ok, we got a wood stove installed the other week. And I friggin' LOVE the damn thing. Heat the house up to 73 degrees and it doesn't cost a damn thing? LOVE IT!

Yesterday, we went and played Lumberjack at some body's house cuttin' down some eucalyptus trees for firewood next year. I cut down my first tree!!! EVER! And I did it right, too! Making that third cut above the notch and the slow movement of the tree as it begins to fall.... It's almost poetic!

And today, I went out and took our new maul out to split some wood for a little bit. It's a thing of beauty! >THWACK!< And the two bits of log fly off the block in opposite directions. I never thought I'd enjoy doing that sort of yard work, but I did!

Yeah, I know at some point it'll become drudgery but for now, I'm enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment