Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gay Marriage in California

Well, June 17th, 2008. All over the state of California men are getting married to each other and women are getting married to other women. Where is the great gnashing of teeth and opening caverns of Hell I was promised when this occurred? When will this country collapse and disappear off the face of the earth (allegedly) like every other society which has "embraced" homosexuality? Where are the great masses of "demeaned" marriages that we were told would inevitably follow same-sex marriage?

Turns out, it's rather quiet for a historic event. Strange... I guess the opposition doesn't much care to protest.

3 comments:

  1. actually, if you'll recall...the entire state of California practically went up in flames immediatly following the overturn by the courts...remember? & not all consequences (good or bad) are seen right away...there will be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this comment is serious or not. The more I read it, the more I think the coward who wrote it is serious. So I'll go on that assumption.

    Yes, indeed, on June 20, 2008, a series of thunderstorms rolled into California starting approximately 2096 fires in California. But it was hardly the "entire state". In fact, as of August 11, 2008 (the last date I found data for) less than 1.15 percent of the state had gone "up in flames".

    The total area of the entire state of California is about 104.8 million acres. The fires burned (again, as of August 11, 2008) only 1.2 million acres. (Source; I suspect at some point that page will no longer show the 2008 data). You can do the math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One last thing.

    I suspect the Anonymous Coward above is none other than Kelly in Citrus Heights, California. I left a few comments on her erroneous post about Proposition 8 on November 2008's ballot here in California.

    She deleted my original commentary (which I'll reproduce on this blog shortly) and then changed her blog's settings to require comment moderation before comments are posted.

    I wonder if my last comment to her is what got her worked up enough to visit my blog....

    That last comment was, regarding her assertion that California Domestic Partnerships are exactly the same as marriage, was something like this: "A 'domestic partnership' REQUIRES the two people to live together; there is no such requirement for marriage." (That's the first difference that came to mind; there are others.)

    ReplyDelete