Friday, August 12, 2005

The Internet, The Library, and Dirt!!!!

HEY!

I found the Internet! It's over here in this library here in town! And all I have to do is sit down and log on! Yippee!!!!

(I know, I sound like I'm easily entertained. And I am.)

Got all moved out of the old house. Living on the patch of dirt where the new house will be going. Not a lot to do up there. I really, really mean it, too.

You know that "Slower pace" that a lot of people seem to want? Well, gosh darn it, I found it! For excitement yesterday, I did the following:

  • Watched a clock for about an hour and half
  • Watched the temperature drop 10 degrees in about an hour
  • Watched vultures fly on and off the high voltage power lines. All day.
  • Got really excited when we got water out of the well
  • Got even more excited when we got water pressure out of the pressure tank.
  • Watched meteors
  • Looked at the dirt
  • Got a sunburn through my shirt
  • Took a nap
  • Took a shower with newly pressurized COLD!! water.
  • Walked down the drive way and saw the, I guess, heat lightening over the Sierras
  • Well, you get the idea....

But, aside from being outside all the damn time, it's purty ok. It'll be more OK once the house gets up there. And then a flurry of activity starts....

Gotta git the skirting (cinder blocks) on. Gotta get some more gravel for the driveway. Gotta get PG & E to get things right.

But, it IS a fantastic thing I've done with buyin' the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment